The opportunity: Building on the success of previous years, these leadership experience workshops are based on a national leadership curriculum for libraries, archives, and museums developed by the Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA). LLAMA has been recently merged into a new division of the American Library Association, CORE. Workshops will be led by experienced facilitators and include keynote speakers who will help “set the stage” for your work. During and after the workshops, you will be encouraged to develop your professional networking skills.
The 2020/21 New Leaders Cohort is designed for library staff but does not require participants to have a graduate library degree. This cohort will be limited to 15 participants. Selected participants will attend a series of six virtual leadership learning opportunities. Should travel and assembly restrictions be lifted, we will work with the California State Library to identify locations around the state to host on-site learning opportunities.
Applications are now being reviewed for the DLCL 2020-21 New Leaders Cohort. All applicants will be notified of their status by the end of December 11th, 2020.
Dates for upcoming New Leaders Cohort events:
- Thurs Jan 7th – New Leaders 2020- 21 Kickoff
- Weds, Jan 13th, 2020 – Get to Know You
- Weds, Jan 27th, 2020 – Re-frame Leadership, Basic Awesome Communication, Emotional Intelligence
- Weds, Feb 24th – Change Resilience and Facilitating Change
- Weds, March 24th – Creating High Performing Teams
- Weds, April 21st – Problem Solving and Decision Making
- CLA Conference May 10-14, 2021
- TBA – Final Wrap-Up
For questions about the DLCL Program, please contact: